www.autostadt.ie

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:19 am 
Founder

Hi All,

We've received a couple of questions regarding this so thought best to provide a clarification.

Firstly, like most sites, we have 2 instances on FB. They serve different purposes but the main difference is what the public can or cannot see.

1) Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Autostadt.ie
2) Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Autostadt/ or email: Autostadt@groups.facebook.com

In the case of instance 1 - FB page:

This is a public area visible to everyone. We mainly post pics or videos of cars of interest or giving a bit of inspiration. It can be used for other light topics or linking topics from the main website.
Everyone can post to Autostadt.ie's timeline
Everyone can add photos and videos to Autostadt.ie's timeline

In the case of instance 2 - FB Group

We have reopened this group. It is a private group for Autostadt users which like any other FB private group only people invited or request entry can see and add content or participate in discussions.

So, please feel free to contribute to either or both. The choice is yours :)

My Daily: Porsche 997 S | BMW 420d Gran Coupe M-Sport

My Projects: VW MK1 GTi | VW MK2 GTi 16v | VW Corrado G60 | VW Golf Rallye

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making - John Milton (1608 - 1674)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:33 pm 
Founder

NOTE: if you wish to post something to the Autostadt group on Facebook you can also email it. Simply write your post and email it to the following address: Autostadt@groups.facebook.com

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making - John Milton (1608 - 1674)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:49 am 
The Stig

im just gonna bump this again guys for anyone on facebook that hasnt liked or followed the Autostadt.ie fan page in particular please feel free to do so , it helps us reach a wider audience the more people like or comment on anything we share on there , so if you like what you see , give it the wee thumbs up for us

many thanks Willie

Fan page link --- https://www.facebook.com/Autostadt.ie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:24 am 
Advanced Driver

Done, I know from running a few pages the amount that facebook limits a posts visibility is insane.

Joined the group there too

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:27 pm 
The Stig

DjNr8 wrote:
Done, I know from running a few pages the amount that facebook limits a posts visibility is insane.

Joined the group there too

yes this is true , its not about making it a massive thing its just we would like to hit the right target audience i.e friends of people that like posts friends of friends etc , still very much trying to keep it a community based , but it helps if we are hitting the right people that maybe dont use forums as much but are on facebook regularly , it also helps if there is anything important to announce aswell that its being seen by the right people :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:37 pm 
Founder

Just bumping this for any new joiners.

Please also note a dedicated FB page for classifieds is also available. This is a closed group which requires approval to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/294178964055732/