www.autostadt.ie

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:56 pm 
Advanced Driver

RR days take a lot to sort out. Fair play for all the hard work.
What I like is the chatting and meeting that you don't get from static car meets. Great to see people get the numbers they so hard worked for. People for what ever reason couldn't make it. Hopefully they can for the next one and join the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark 7.5 Golf R

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:19 pm 
Advanced Driver

Only getting a chance to log in now!

Big thanks to Joe and Dave yesterday (and Dave again today) for spending a little more time on my machine than was required. Had a play around with timing and it seems to idle and run a lot better now. As Dave said, a boost leak was found on further inspection today which certainly wasn't helping matters, but the car still has one major issue - it's running very hot. As some of you would have seen yesterday, the exhaust manifold was actually glowing red on idle at one point.

Few different things are pointing to a busted cat, so de cat pipe will have to be ordered up tomorrow along with a new Lambda for good measure.

My only concern at the minute is the damage the heat is causing to the wiring loom. Ultimately this is why I brought the car yesterday - i know my way around the basics but have never owned (or driven) a G60 before so was always a good idea to get it onto the rollers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:51 am 
Founder

drummerboy08 wrote:
Only getting a chance to log in now!

Big thanks to Joe and Dave yesterday (and Dave again today) for spending a little more time on my machine than was required. Had a play around with timing and it seems to idle and run a lot better now. As Dave said, a boost leak was found on further inspection today which certainly wasn't helping matters, but the car still has one major issue - it's running very hot. As some of you would have seen yesterday, the exhaust manifold was actually glowing red on idle at one point.

Few different things are pointing to a busted cat, so de cat pipe will have to be ordered up tomorrow along with a new Lambda for good measure.

My only concern at the minute is the damage the heat is causing to the wiring loom. Ultimately this is why I brought the car yesterday - i know my way around the basics but have never owned (or driven) a G60 before so was always a good idea to get it onto the rollers.

Rob, good to meet on Saturday. Glad things have moved well with the car since.

You will probably get looms secondhand handy enough but if not various new Corrado loom sections are available from VW Classic parts in Germany.

On Decat pipe, I spoke to Keith in Alloy-wheels.ie before and he could get ones in. They also pop up on ebay including ones which are stright pipe but have a false belge to look like they contain a CAT.

Interested to see how it progresses from here.

My Daily: Porsche 997 S | BMW 420d Gran Coupe M-Sport

My Projects: VW MK1 GTi | VW MK2 GTi 16v | VW Corrado G60 | VW Golf Rallye

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making - John Milton (1608 - 1674)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:54 am 
Advanced Driver

Never thought of Keith! I'll give them a shout on their forum.

I'll stick up a build thread shortly, €600 worth of parts arrived for it this morning so I've a lot on my hands!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:00 pm 
The Stig

Niall aka SolidOak in Longford has a couple of Corrados for breaking AFAIK.

E39 M5.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:16 pm 
Advanced Driver

Might drop him a PM too if i dont have any luck with Keith. Will need a few other bits for it that are hard come by anyway so might be no harm!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:36 pm 
L Plates needed

My first autostadt event too and was really looking forward to it and was a great day, despite the trouble I had with my car I enjoyed seeing all the other cars run and meeting everyone. Joe did an unbelievable job and went way beyond what a dyno day entails. Anywhere else and I would have left at the end of the day scratching my head. He not only fixed the problem but also tweaked the map for me. Couldn't recommend joe enough to anyone. An all round very well organised great day out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:10 pm 
The Stig

Great stuff guys, good to see another success and positive outcome from the event and the work the lads put in to make it happen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:45 pm 
Advanced Driver

Streacy wrote:
My first autostadt event too and was really looking forward to it and was a great day, despite the trouble I had with my car I enjoyed seeing all the other cars run and meeting everyone. Joe did an unbelievable job and went way beyond what a dyno day entails. Anywhere else and I would have left at the end of the day scratching my head. He not only fixed the problem but also tweaked the map for me. Couldn't recommend joe enough to anyone. An all round very well organised great day out.

Lovely Golf dude... She was fairly popping and banging on the dyno after the tweak...

I second that... Deposits required for meets..... Expecting 240bhp like it did in January and getting 252.4bhp on the same rollers was a mighty suprise for me.. Smiles from ear to ear.... [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:03 pm 
Advanced Driver

One of the guys working with Joe (I don't know his name) was taking photos, are these available online? Looked like he might have got some good ones....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:43 pm 
The Stig

Hughie wrote:
One of the guys working with Joe (I don't know his name) was taking photos, are these available online? Looked like he might have got some good ones....

I was wondering that myself. Anyone know?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:19 pm 
Advanced Driver

Few pictures up on the blackchurch motors Facebook page.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:40 pm 
Advanced Driver

james wrote:
Few pictures up on the blackchurch motors Facebook page.

Nice one [THUMBS UP SIGN]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:21 pm 
Advanced Driver

Some nice snaps on Facebook ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark 7.5 Golf R

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:19 am 
Founder

Guys, I received the charts for each car from Joe yesterday. So if you send me an email address via pm I'll send yours on.

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making - John Milton (1608 - 1674)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:31 am 
The Stig

Can an email system handle the power contained in my report?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:05 am 
Founder

Ronan H wrote:
Can an email system handle the power contained in my report?

Unlikely!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:06 am 
Advanced Driver

So where's the final list of car, spec, bhp, torque @xxrpm??

Diesel is a compromise

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next