www.autostadt.ie

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:29 pm 
The Stig

Right folks , who went , and let's see your pics!! Sadly I Couldn't take any , but another great show , and a very high standard of cars I thought . Shame about the weather.

E39 M5.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:37 pm 
Advanced Driver

Great show even if i didnt get to clean the jetta for it :/ good to see so many jettas on the day sadly i didnt get any pics etheir

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:41 pm 
Full Licence

Weather was terrible but after that it was a great show and as said excellent standard of cars.

Well done to the winner of the best mk1 golf (you are on here because you had an autostadt sign in front of your car lol)

Seen darrenj and mercedeslimo, didn't know anyone else.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:44 pm 
The Stig

Some lovely cars but there was a lot of crap too, the van aiken sticker crew were in full attendance!

The red B7 RS4 was my favorite car there anyway

Previous:
'15 MK7 GTD
'16 Fiesta ST2
'08 Audi A4 B8 TFSi
'06 Golf V GTi

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:46 pm 
Advanced Driver

I went decent show weather was * but wasnt too bad that you could still walk round. Have no pics myself.

I came away with a 2nd in Skoda too so I'm delighted

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:25 pm 
The Stig

Jdm boy wrote:
Weather was terrible but after that it was a great show and as said excellent standard of cars.

Well done to the winner of the best mk1 golf (you are on here because you had an autostadt sign in front of your car lol)

Seen darrenj and mercedeslimo, didn't know anyone else.

Nearly right! That was my sign , and Mycrofts Mk1 , he has a build thread here . Best O/A winner last year , best modified mk1 this year.

E39 M5.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:26 pm 
The Stig

Went, brought my golf to her first ever show actually her first drive more than ten minutes. Enjoyed even with the poor weather.

Sent from where I'm sitting.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:43 pm 
The Stig

Great show apart from the weather was good to put a few names to faces! Some fantastic standard of cars there today! Looking forward to the next one already and hopefully have the car a bit more presentable

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:48 pm 
The Stig

My first show and I loved it, must of done 10-15 laps of the place!

Some serious Mk1's and Mk2's there and some great aircooled stuff too.

Forgot to bring my camera, will have to pick up a better one anyway.

There was a red B5 RS4 there with a 666 reg, class car but on the other hand the Blue B7 RS4 saloon done nothing for me, would have to be an Avant.

Weather was a bit of a balls but it wasn't that bad either, nice to meet a few heads as well!

Nice line up of Mk1-Mk7 Golfs in the centre too!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:56 pm 
The Stig

I'm such a fc-king eejit . I walked past those 7 cars and it never dawned on me it was the mk1-7 lineup!!

I saw Mycroft , Ron , Trevor Brady , Plane , Newtown MK1 Pat , DJNR8 , PaddyJack , mk1eighty , Murph81 and several more whose user names I can't remember!

E39 M5.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:05 pm 
Advanced Driver

Was talking to a good few, didnt ask anyone usernames or anything.. Regret that now :lol:

Great show all the same.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:48 am 
The Stig

Good day out shame about the weather alright. Good to meet a few new faces like Tristan and a few more.

Dave's RS4 is probably the cleanest B7 Rs4 i've seen in this country, the Red B5 avant was also a smashing car, went to go down into the parade ring to look at Kevins GTI but it was gone so didn't get a good look at it. Steve and Andy's MK1's are class as always.

Less 'felt this year?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:24 am 
The Stig

I thought the standard was mostly improved to last year. Even the worst of cars there were still acceptable. Makes me wondering why I travelled to dubshed the past 2 years from Cork. Entry price was much more reasonable too...

Myself and my cars have reached an understanding. If we hang out long enough we both end up being broke.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:44 am 
The Stig

to the chap with the blue R32 who rescued the mk3 GTI after the driver beached it on the bank round the back of the arena:

Taking your immaculately cleaned car, attaching a rope and spinning all four wheels in the muck dragging the boy out in reverse, destroying the car in the process was above and beyond the call of duty. My hat is off to you sir ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:46 am 
The Stig

trevorbrady wrote:
to the chap with the blue R32 who rescued the mk3 GTI after the driver beached it on the bank round the back of the arena:

Taking your immaculately cleaned car, attaching a rope and spinning all four wheels in the muck dragging the boy out in reverse, destroying the car in the process was above and beyond the call of duty. My hat is off to you sir ;)

I heard that alright, heard a diesel car couldn't get him out too :lol: torque is cheap.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:02 am 
Advanced Driver

Shane wrote:
trevorbrady wrote:

I heard that alright, heard a diesel car couldn't get him out too :lol: torque is cheap.

I actually did get him out the first time and Mark in his R32 is a good friend. Poor organisation sending cars into that area and there was no spaces even available.
The red B7 RS4 avant was something else and there was a great story behind how he got it.
Great show with a really chilled out feeling but shame about the weather.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:45 am 
The Stig

Great show. As said above the standard was much improved on last year. My only negative comment is that I thought the stalls area wasnt great. Would have preferred to see the other marques in that car park like last year. A lot of people missed them because of this. Did anybody see all the whiteworm on the fezza's wheels? Good to know its not just VW it affects.

trevorbrady wrote:

Ya I saw that. Pity I didnt record it. A video of a R32 spinning 4 wheels in reverse would quieten any haldex bashers the next time they claim it isnt proper 4wd! :D

EDIT: Sorry I couldnt stay until the end. Herself was working yesterday evening.

Mk7 GTI DSG Performance Pack - Gone

Golf GTI Edition 30 DSG No 728 - Gone

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:48 am 
The Stig

Duggan wrote:
Shane wrote:
trevorbrady wrote:

I actually did get him out the first time and Mark in his R32 is a good friend. Poor organisation sending cars into that area and there was no spaces even available.

Well I was watching and he was the only one who got stuck... revving the stones off it while wheelspinning while driving across a slant wouldn't have helped his cause. I wouldn't call it poor organisation.. I call it having nowhere else to put cars as the arena was full!

E39 M5.