www.autostadt.ie

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:30 am 
Advanced Driver

Mike wrote:
I'll give them a shout this week.

Has anyone any experience of dealing with them though?

Loading cars onto a dyno is not that big a deal and they are all 4WD so swapping setups from front to rear like 2wd days. With 10-12 cars half a day at a steady but not rushed pace should be there or therabouts.

I'm friends with Robbie on Facebook, but never actually met him or been out there. Probably not much use to you :(

B7 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Avant / Audi S3 8L / B6 Audi S4 / B7 Audi A4 2.0T / Honda Integra / VW Bora Tdi RIP / Mk1 Ford Focus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:33 pm 
Founder

@mike, we don't mind who we go with as long as owners are happy. We'll organise the day either way.
Joe can't do it else that would be our preference and it was disappointing the reply for the alternative we approached but hey ho there ya go. Won't ask them again.

My Daily: Porsche 997 S | BMW 420d Gran Coupe M-Sport

My Projects: VW MK1 GTi | VW MK2 GTi 16v | VW Corrado G60 | VW Golf Rallye

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making - John Milton (1608 - 1674)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:01 pm 
The Stig

Mike wrote:
I'll give them a shout this week.

Has anyone any experience of dealing with them though?

Loading cars onto a dyno is not that big a deal and they are all 4WD so swapping setups from front to rear like 2wd days. With 10-12 cars half a day at a steady but not rushed pace should be there or therabouts.

I think what the lads meant Mike, was that TDR have a hub dyno so it would mean buzzing off a wheel mounting the hub dyno rinse and reverse. Doing this on 10 cars could be very time consuming?

Mike wrote:
it was disappointing the reply for the alternative we approached but hey ho there ya go. Won't ask them again.

I thought they were just booked up?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:25 pm 
Founder

davkav wrote:
I think what the lads meant Mike, was that TDR have a hub dyno so it would mean buzzing off a wheel mounting the hub dyno rinse and reverse. Doing this on 10 cars could be very time consuming?

True but I was of the thinking it would be 6 of one and half a dozen of the other in terms of the normal setting up of a car on a rollers despite the alternative method.

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making - John Milton (1608 - 1674)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:39 pm 
The Stig

Mike wrote:
davkav wrote:

True but I was of the thinking it would be 6 of one and half a dozen of the other in terms of the normal setting up of a car on a rollers despite the alternative method.

I get ya. Thinking about it further you are probably right.

Either way, the longer this is pushed off the better :lol: I have my Garrett turbo sitting on a shelf in the shed waiting to be fitted since before Christmas. Just need to get my a**e in gear and get out there and fit it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:38 am 
Founder

Bump for the 4wd brethren :)

Get involved!

See below for details....game on.....

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21034

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:14 am 
The Stig

@bri, TTE are long gone iirc! Another lad who was meant to have one was Honda Heaven. Im not sure if he still has it because from what im aware he has changed line of business & moved location. Ill ask around though!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5