www.autostadt.ie

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:04 am 
The Stig

Message just in from Tristan, aka, Ted:

Laydeeeeezz and Gennulmen, the time has come, it's Tarmac Terrorism Time, it's TedRün II - The "Don't get your feet wet..." meet!

Sunday July 16th 2017 - Save the date!

I think it's fair to say we all had a good day out last year on an event purely focused on driving. This year, in a slight change after listening to feedback from TedRün, I've picked out a route taking in as much of the the scenery of Lough Derg and parts of the majestic River Shannon as possible.

Now, for those of you who like twirling the wheel and rowing the gearstick, don't worry, it's not all dawdling along by the inland waterways! After extensive research, criss-crossing countless roads, making routes and changing them, I've put together over 200kms of a route, with combinations of flowing and twisting roads and wide and smooth sections, the majority of which even has a dotted line up the middle of it!

But to properly appreciate the natural beauty of the lake, I've also picked out several scenic spots for us to park up, take a breather and regroup.

The plan is to start in my local friendly cafe, Blas ( https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Blas+C ... 2824?hl=en ) in Portumna, Co. Galway. This is the fabulous spot that welcomed us for brunch last year. Breakfast, caffeine, sign the dotted line, receive instructions, out the gap on a westerly heading, following (briefly) a similar route as the after brunch sprint last year. For anyone travelling a distance in the morning, there are 3 fuel stations in Portumna, and for anyone needing to top up on essentials such as bottles of water or Smarties, there's a SuperValu right beside the cafe.

After about 30km of driving, we'll have our first planned scenic regroup at the lake. Just a brief stop, as I know you'll all be itching to get moving again, and keep the flow going! Then it's going to be alternating between calm and flowing sections where you can enjoy the view, and tighter, more involved sections where you'll enjoy feeling your car doing what it's designed for, with some further scenic stops interspersed along the way.

We'll take an all important mid-run halt at a big service station with Subway, Costa Coffee and Burger King so you'll surely find something to your liking to refuel you for the second half. Top up fuel tanks and bellies, check tires and generally stand around taking the p1ss out of each other :D .

But don't stuff yourselves too much, because if you want a proper dinner with us in the evening, I have an area booked for us in the widely renowned "Paddy's Bar and Restaurtant" ( https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Paddys ... d-8.203884 ) in the picturesque village of Terryglass, which coincidentally, happens to be our finish point! We hope that everyone will hang around to tell tall tales of the day, because Autostadt is about the people and the community, not usernames and avatars! :ymhug:

Important Information

- We're out the gap from Blas at 10am SHARP, Autostadt will be there from 9:15am for briefing, signing etc. so please make sure you have eaten your fill, signed in and had a pee so we can get away on time. Rough finish time is 5:00pm, but this may vary a bit depending on the vagaries of the day.

- This thread will remain locked, and it will contain only the critical information needed about the event, i.e. this post, the official sign-up list, and other essential tidbits as we go along.

- Sign up on the TedRün II Q&A Thread, and we will add your name to the official list below.

- Event will be limited to 25 cars. We suggest that for a safer and more enjoyable event, that attendees bring a passenger with them if possible.

- A Google Maps link will be sent out closer to the date. This will be done via Whatsapp only so please include your mobile number when you sign up (or via PM to Tristan or myself if you wish).

That's all for now, we look forward to seeing you on the road!

Post subject: Re: TedRün II - The
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:10 am 
The Stig

Official Sign-Up List

1. Tristan
2. #
3. Neilo
4. Joe
5. Cupra_R
6. kevinm
7. Davkav
8. Mike
9. Sash
10. WillVR
11. ERoD IN
12. DaveB
13. Ciano
14. Vdubliner
15. Richard
16. jwhat
17. Young Gibbons (Male Bonnet Model)
18. Dashoonage
19. dubz1
20. Anders IN
21. Manager Steve
22. Newtown Pat
23. 123gt
24. Mossey
25. Hooch

Reserve list:

-
-
-

Update 23.06.2017: Some changes have been made to the list. Stay tuned folks...this will be another great outing!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:50 pm 
The Stig

MET Eireann: Mainly dry Sunday, with bright or sunny spells. Some rain is expected, but this may yet hold off until Sunday night.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]