www.autostadt.ie

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Group Buy - Colourlock
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:36 pm 
Founder

Group Buy - Colourlock

Following a few enquiries, we’ve decided to run group buy on a Colourlock leather cleaning and conditioning treatment kit.

The link below gives full product details for you to review.
The product was Demo’d last Sunday at the Autostadt event at OCD. It really impressed all those present.

Ok, enough said....here’s the deal.

Normally 29gbp plus delivery for the kit, Peter Kaminski has kindly offered to offer the kit for 27 euros plus delivery. They may even be slightly cheaper depending on the numbers.

To participate in the deal please add your name to the list below or on main forum.
Our aim is to get 10 names in order to progress with the group buy.

Have a think about it, review the link, feel free to ask questions then make a decision :)

https://www.colourlock.com/all-products ... hield.html

My Daily: Porsche 997 S | BMW 420d Gran Coupe M-Sport

My Projects: VW MK1 GTi | VW MK2 GTi 16v | VW Corrado G60 | VW Golf Rallye

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making - John Milton (1608 - 1674)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 am 
Founder

11 people interested so far so the Group buy is a Go!

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making - John Milton (1608 - 1674)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:31 pm 
Founder

Guys, thanks for all the interest. We’ll have details on how to place your order and payment later today.

If some people are living close to each other it might be worth considering grouping orders to one house for local friends to collect from. Share the shipping in other words.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:22 pm 
Advanced Driver

Stick me down for one Mike.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:39 pm 
Founder

No bother Jim. Spotted your post on FB.

I think we’re up to about 20 kits now.

Been chatting with Peter and he’s agreed to provide all buyers with individual advice on which kit to buy to best suit their needs. More in that soon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:16 pm 
L Plates needed

A few words about Colourlock . First of all products are made in Germany , and are approved and used by Mercedes , Audi , VW and BMW . Colourlock makes products not only for leather maintenance but also for refinishing and leather repair since 1993, and their products are available in 38 countries . I came across their products a few years ago, when I was looking for stuff for leather that is effective ,efficient and what is the most important safe for the leather. In Poland colourlock is used by all high end detailing studios and is recomended by the best detailers .

Anyone who is interested in a kit should consider one fact , there is a few types of leather used in car manufacturing . In most modern cars the leather has a top coat , this kind of leather doesn't absorb typical conditioners , for this leather the best tratment is using product like Colourlock Shield . Colourlock recomendation : New leather should be treated with our COLOURLOCK Leather Shield within the first three years to protect it against traces of wear and abrasion, as well as discolouration from clothing (dye transfer). The driver's seat (entry bolsters of sports seats and high support cushions) usually begin showing typical signs of wear over the first three years. Leather Shield will prevent this. Treat the driver's seat every three months, the rest of the leather every six to twelve months.

Leather without a top coat , not too common these days can also be treated with Shield for the same purpose as above , but use of Colourlock protectant will restore softness of leather .
For surface care, Colourlock recommends COLOURLOCK Leather Protector. It contains antioxidants, which stops the leather's decay, and its UV filters protect the surfaces from colour fading and will make them supple once more.

There is a quick guide of choosing right kit , but if anyone is still not sure which kit is the best for their needs , please contact me on the messenger .
A ) if you have new leather or leather in good condition but needs a deep clean then buy Colourlock Strong and shield.
https://shop.adbl.ie/colourlock-leather ... p-300.html

B) if you have new leather or leather in good condition and only needs light clean then buy Colourlock Mild and Shield.
https://shop.adbl.ie/colourlock-leather ... p-301.html

C) if your leather is a bit tired and needs softening buy Colourlock mild or strong depending on how dirty and the protector product.
(Mild Cleaner and Protector) https://shop.adbl.ie/colourlock-leather ... p-303.html
(Strong Cleaner and Protector ) https://shop.adbl.ie/colourlock-leather ... p-302.html

If some people are living close to each other it might be worth considering grouping orders to one house for local friends to collect from.

With the number of people interested in kits , I decided to make this offer even more attractive , each kit will also contain Colourlock leather cleaning brush which is 4 pounds on colourlock.uk . I plan to place order from colourlock.uk on Monday so I would expect delivery at the end of coming week , as soon as it will arrives in my place it will be shipped to you. I will order amount of kits confirmed on my online shop in pre order offer by anyone who is interested . In this offer autostadt discount code doesn't apply.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:25 pm 
Founder

That’s a very good deal!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:35 pm 
Full Licence

I'm also interested in this. I've. 07 GTi with leather seats so I reckon the strong cleaner and protector is the one I'd need. It's a bit shiney and hard.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:59 pm 
L Plates needed

Cheers for all the orders guys . The list was closed last night , I have order confirmed and shipped from colourlock.uk . I will let you know when the stuff arrives at my place , and as soon as I will get it, I will posted it to you.

List of members who confirmed their orders :

Lorraine Kelly
Paul Kelly
Dean Kelly
David Beirne
Paul Chawke
Darren Mac Uidheas
Dave Have
Paul Roughneen
Johnathan Le Grange
Neil Wyse
MIke O'Brien
Paul Connell
Aaron Chubs Berns
Paul Lane
Gareth Mullen
David Kavanagh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:24 pm 
Founder

All,
Thanks to Peter and for everyone who participated in the Group Buy.

For anyone that missed the cut on this we may organise another Group Buy in the future if the demand is there. Again we’d probably need a minimum of 10 people.

Please feel free to PM any of the mod team if you have an idea for a group buy in the Detailing or other areas. As always we’ll gladly help out to make it happen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:23 pm 
L Plates needed

Hi Guys , I haven't received the order yet but it is on its way :
Shipping Information: Shipping service:
Piotr Kaminski
Obsessive Car Detailing
Ferbane Co. Offaly,
Ireland
T: 00353872619541 Fast & Tracked
Tracking Number:
Parcelforce IE Home
EK350655211GB So it will be shipped to you more likely after Patrick's day .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:53 pm 
L Plates needed

Hi Guys !!! The stuff arrived !!! It looks like next week Ireland will have the biggest world's percentage of cars with clean leather (Y) !!! The Kelly Family ( Dean , Paul and Lorraine ) are already sorted . All other orders will be posted on Tuesday . If anyone who ordered one of Colourlock sets , thinks that may need some other products from my shop , there is a good chance to get it and it will be posted in the same parcel with the leather set at no extra charge for shipping. Especially that I have a special offer for Patrick's day -15% . I have ordered a few extra kits so whoever missed the group buy , still can get one of the kits. www.adbl.ie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:20 pm 
L Plates needed

All the orders are packed up and ready to go in the morning ! Thanks again guys , it is pleasure to deal with you !!!!