www.autostadt.ie

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:36 pm 
L Plates needed

Limerick VW show 2019 , May 19th

Sponsored by Retro Classics magazine & Volkswagen Ireland

NB , It's a week earlier than its usual weekend !

Show car entry 5 euro

Limerick Racecourse , M20 Exit 4

Going since 1992 , usual format , loads of VAG autos & other Germanics , & in the unlikely event that you tire of them , lots of other cool stuff to see at Motorfest Ireland including the very talented Mattie Griffin on his stunt bike !

Some great pics & kind words courtesy of Autostadt attendees at the 2018 show :)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21606

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 pm 
Advanced Driver

Only a few days to go. Who else is going?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:00 pm 
The Stig

Should be heading down alright.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 pm 
The Stig

Are we having an autostadt spot as ususal? Is Gordon hashtag cooking up a storm?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:07 pm 
Advanced Driver

I'll be there, take the old Scirocco for a wee trip

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:49 am 
The Stig

Are there any meet up points/times planned along the way?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:19 pm 
Advanced Driver

I'm only 15 mins away from the race course, probably just head straight there around 11,

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:32 pm 
The Stig

Great to meet up today Pat. Scirocco is an absolute stunner. You got a nice shady spot under the tree beside me too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:00 am 
The Stig

First off great day out and great show, the numbers 'inside' the course seemed to be down but outside seemed to be up - serious turn out there. Fair play to all involved.

The parking inside wasn't great, when i came in i wanted to go left and park around the paddock area with the other autostadt members i seen but the guy wouldn't let me he sent me down to one of the bottom car parks, there was room around the paddock for the 2 felters that passed me like i was standing still on the M7 though, i guess it pays to be early, there was also a MK5 golf parked around the paddock that IMO should have been in the car park when you had mint MK2's, Quattros , Pats Scirocco . a lovely E30 M3 etc all pushed over to the grass and beyond.

Form our perspective it would have been nice to have a predetermined autostadt area flagged to us and the organisers so we could have all grouped together.

I appreciate that it must be a mare to organise but parking inside the race course is always something that seems can be approved on.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:45 am 
The Stig

This is something we are discussing at the moment. Every year the lads in the high viz seem to send people to certain places to park and there doesn't seem to be any organisation to it at all.

We will make sure to contact them next year and organise a line up and notify members of it beforehand and get an idea of numbers so they right amount of spaces can be kept aside.

2004 Cupra Tdi - http://www.autostadt.ie/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=769

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:56 pm 
The Stig

Surely if all the mercs, ford's etc can line up in the field we can organise an autostadt spot, mlvw vage areas etc.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:27 pm 
Advanced Driver

Shane wrote:
First off great day out and great show, the numbers 'inside' the course seemed to be down but outside seemed to be up - serious turn out there. Fair play to all involved.

The parking inside wasn't great, when i came in i wanted to go left and park around the paddock area with the other autostadt members i seen but the guy wouldn't let me he sent me down to one of the bottom car parks, there was room around the paddock for the 2 felters that passed me like i was standing still on the M7 though, i guess it pays to be early, there was also a MK5 golf parked around the paddock that IMO should have been in the car park when you had mint MK2's, Quattros , Pats Scirocco . a lovely E30 M3 etc all pushed over to the grass and beyond.

Form our perspective it would have been nice to have a predetermined autostadt area flagged to us and the organisers so we could have all grouped together.

I appreciate that it must be a mare to organise but parking inside the race course is always something that seems can be approved on.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this, great show and very well organised and it's not great to be negative about such an event. The VW section was very poor compared to other years, I got there around half one and was put down into the field 'wherever I can find a spot'. When I walked up to the VW section then it wasn't half full, grant it they were trying to keep space for Mattie Griffin. I'd have thought putting the campers and aircooled machines over on the grass would have been better and let VW have that section as some of the lowered cars might have struggled to park in on the grass. Great show thou, probably just got there a little late...