www.autostadt.ie

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:18 pm 
Advanced Driver

What time is early ill try get up there to you incase people haven't arrived yet hope that rain * off now

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:20 pm 
Advanced Driver

Well folks what a disastrous turn out, 4 people for a meet up very poor indeed, thanks to the guys that did come, just as well the Aircooled Gang was there to make it look better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:29 pm 
Advanced Driver

LAOIS, KILDARE, OFFALY AND SURROUNDING AREAS MEET

DATE: WED 17/10/12

LOCATION: MAYFIELD SERVICE STATION MONASTEREVIN JUNCTION 14 OF THE M7

TIME: 7:30 PM

24 HOUR GARAGE, SUPERMACS OPEN UNTIL 11 WITH 170 PARKING SPACES AND ON SITE TIOLETS ITS A GREAT LOCATION (AND NO SPEED BUMPS IN SIGHT )

ANYBODY WANT MONTHLY REMINDERS SENT TO THERE PHONE ON THE MONDAY BEFORE THESE MEETS, SIMPLY TXT MEET TO 0858491255, YOU'RE NUMBER WILL NOT BE USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE OTHER THAN THIS REMINDER I DON'T EVEN WANT YOU'RE NAME JUST THE NUMBER THANK YOU

Last edited by farley87 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:33 pm 
Founder

May need to reconsider approach guys. 4 pages, 57 posts and 4 people turn up. Not nice I know and I'm sure you're naturally disappointed but maybe the event and the way it's been publicized needs to be reconsidered. Maybe it is actually having the reverse impact and putting people off? Is the advertising very in your face unlike other events? Just expressing an opinion and not saying I'm right but something isn't working so look at other angles.

My Daily: Porsche 997 S | BMW 420d Gran Coupe M-Sport

My Projects: VW MK1 GTi | VW MK2 GTi 16v | VW Corrado G60 | VW Golf Rallye

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making - John Milton (1608 - 1674)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:45 pm 
Full Licence

I breezed through today on the way home from dublin just to see what was there, at 19.30 there was just 1 A4, that I wasn't even sure was involved. I then seen the aircooled yokes lining up so I decided I got the day wrong :-??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 am 
Advanced Driver

Yeah that was liamo86 I would of pulled in a couple of mins after you I'd say but this is getting joke the lads from aircooled some were from dublin, liamo86 is from bunclody and he made it but there is a lot of local lads that just don't seem bothered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 am 
Advanced Driver

Mike wrote:
May need to reconsider approach guys. 4 pages, 57 posts and 4 people turn up. Not nice I know and I'm sure you're naturally disappointed but maybe the event and the way it's been publicized needs to be reconsidered. Maybe it is actually having the reverse impact and putting people off? Is the advertising very in your face unlike other events? Just expressing an opinion and not saying I'm right but something isn't working so look at other angles.

I agree 100% mike that something has to change or needs to be done but have you any suggestions maybe I'm wrong but I get the feeling from you're post above you can see something wrong if you do I would appreciate you letting us know as myself and Clio were talking about the meet lastnight and were kind of out of ideas now as we have tried everything else, any help would be great

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:38 pm 
Advanced Driver

farley87 wrote:
Mike wrote:

I agree 100% mike that something has to change or needs to be done but have you any suggestions maybe I'm wrong but I get the feeling from you're post above you can see something wrong if you do I would appreciate you letting us know as myself and Clio were talking about the meet lastnight and were kind of out of ideas now as we have tried everything else, any help would be great

Maybe we need to be giving out free lolly pops :D :ymparty:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:17 pm 
Advanced Driver

Ha something like that I really don't know what's next been honest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:25 pm 
Advanced Driver

Might try and make the next one if I can, or the one after depends on work!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:15 pm 
Advanced Driver

The Galway meet is usually 4 to 5. The biggest number was about 8 I think. There are the usual people who are there. I am one of them. Focus on the positives! Would a change of time, location suit? The other side of the story is that at least you have the base, main group of 4 ish members that were there. Focus on these guys and you never know where you end up. Alternatively you could have a bunch of pigeons turning up and changing the whole atmosphere and find yourselves having to cancel / avoid the thread and sending pms to organise it. That way it would never grow in size. Stick with it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 am 
Advanced Driver

The Crowe wrote:
The Galway meet is usually 4 to 5. The biggest number was about 8 I think. There are the usual people who are there. I am one of them. Focus on the positives! Would a change of time, location suit? The other side of the story is that at least you have the base, main group of 4 ish members that were there. Focus on these guys and you never know where you end up. Alternatively you could have a bunch of pigeons turning up and changing the whole atmosphere and find yourselves having to cancel / avoid the thread and sending pms to organise it. That way it would never grow in size. Stick with it!

Only seen this now and I must say that's a very good point you made there thanks for that might give it another go when the cold weather fecks off

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 am 
Advanced Driver

wednesday is a bad day for a few of us, tue or thur maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:29 pm 
Advanced Driver

wesley wrote:
wednesday is a bad day for a few of us, tue or thur maybe?

Yeah even that is fine wesley, I know it's hard to get a day to suit everyone is impossible but we might give that ago too, if anyone has any other input in regards to this meet speak up as it will be greatly appreciated and will iron out any problems if any.